Analytical Solutions for Hydrocarbon Petroleum products
AvCount 2 Laser Particle Counter ASTM D7619, IP 565, DEF STAN 91-91
ASTM D7619 Standard Test Method for Counting and Sizing Particles in Light and Middle Distillate Fuels, and Liquid Bio Fuels, by Automatic Particle Counter; IP 565; DEF STAN 91-91: ISO 4406 (1999); ISO 4406 (1991), GOST 17216, NAS 1638, SAE AS4059E, SAE
- Easy to use large touch screen display
- Rugged, stainless steel case suitable for portable use
- 15 fixed measuring channels (calibration in compliance with ISOMTD for measuring in oil)
- An upper and lower limit value can be set for each of the first 8 counting channels
- Integral Data storage for up to 2000 measurements across 60 memories
- Internal Double Pump System
- Optional in-line high pressure testing up to 310 Bar
- English, Chinese or German language selection
AvCount 2 can be used throughout distribution networks and in the laboratory, in fact anywhere that requires fast and accurate determination of particle distribution in a liquid sample. Whether checking the quality of fuel, filter systems or in service lubricants, AvCount 2 provides fast and precise results.
- Refinery Processing Materials
- Corrosion & Rust in Pipes & Tanks
- Contamination of in-service fluids
- Airborne Solids
- Degraded & Damaged Hoses & Filters
- Microbiological Growth
Results are displayed in real time and are simultaneously printed out on the compact integral printer. The test methods embedded in AvCount 2 cover a range of fuels, lubricating oils and hydraulic fluids and can be edited to create custom test profiles.
Improved connectivity and better memory management allows results to be accessed, printed out or downloaded to a memory stick via the USB port, or to a personal computer via the RS232 Port. The avcount2 can also be controlled via the RS232 port. avcount2 utilises 16 point calibration and can be re-calibrated on-site by a Seta trained engineer.
AvCount Laser Particle Counter ASTM D7619, IP 565, DEF STAN 91-91
AvCount Laser Particle Counter for DEF STAN 91-91 (ASTM D7619, IP 565), used for measuring particle contamination in aviation fuels, fuel oils, diesel, kerosene, gasolines, biofuels.
- Fully automatic operation
- Particle size 4μm to >70μm
- Cumulative & distributive particle numbers
- ISO4406: 1999 codes
- Uses "Straight from the Bottle" samples
- Precise and reliable results
- Laboratory or portable field use
- Calibrated in accordance with ISO 1117
AvCount is a new laser based particle counter for checking and maintaining the quality of fuel throughout the distribution network. Fuel types include aviation turbine oils, biofuels and biofuel blends, heating oil, gas oil, diesel - automotive and marine, gasoline and kerosine.
For Aviation Fuel:
ASTM D7619, IP 565 - Determination of the level of cleanliness of aviation turbine fuel - Portable automatic particle counter method
DEF STAN 91-91
Seta ‘AvCount’ Particle Counter IP 565 is now included in DEF STAN 91-91, Issue 6 for Certifying Jet A-1
The avcount particle analyser is a rugged and portable instrument specifically designed for testing the particulate content of fuel for particles ranging from 4μm to >70μm diameter.
The avcount uses the light obscuration principle, where the fluid under test is passed through a cell comprising a laser and a calibrated sensor. Particles in the fluid cast a shadow onto the sensor, which determines the area / diameter and number of particles in the sample.
Sampling and measurement is simple; fuel is drawn from a sample container or directly from the supply line. Avcount has a 10 bar standard pressure rating or can sample up to 315 bar line pressure using the optional pressure reducing system. An integral pump automatically draws the sample through an internal measuring chamber, removing the need for an external sampling pump.
Avcount is fully automatic once the test sequence is started. The instrument flushes the cell with sample prior to commencing the measurements. A precise volume of sample is then analysed. The flushing / sample analysing sequences are automatically repeated in accordance with the selected test method.
Results are displayed on the LCD screen in real time and printed out on the integral printer as the test progresses. The results are shown for 6 particle size bands in Particles/ml and ISO Code. Results can be saved to memory for trend analysis of samples, printed out on the integral printer or downloaded to a PC or external printer.
The "Log and Show" software option allows data to be downloaded from the instrument to a PC in different formats and allows the instrument to be fuly controlled and configured from any Windows interface.
FIJI FAME in Jet Instrument
IP 583; ASTM D7797, Def Stan 91-91 & ASTM D1655 Determination of the FAME content of aviation turbine fuel (AVTUR) with FTIR, Rapid Screening Method
FIJI – ASTM D7797 / IP 583 is now included as a specification test for FAME.
The key details are as follows;
DEFSTAN 91-91 Issue 7, Amendment 3
- FAME has now been listed in DefStan 91-91 in table 1, under a new heading ‘Incidental Materials’.
- The FIJI instrument, ASTM D7797 / IP 583 has been included as an accepted alternative test in Table 2
- Inclusion of FAME in table 1 means that it is now a mandatory requirement to report the FAME content – both at point of manufacture and for re-certification purposes.
- FAME is now listed in Table 3 Identified Incidental Materials
- FIJI – IP 583 / ASTM D7797 is an authorised test method for FAME
- FAME testing is on a risk assessed basis and a decision of whether to test is at local discretion
ASTM D7621, IP 570 ‘Determination of Hydrogen Sulfide in Fuel Oil – Rapid Liquid Phase Extraction Method’, ISO 8217
- New ASTM D7621 test method approved
- IP 570 Standard Test Method has been included in ISO 8217 Marine Fuel Specification
- Measurement range from 0-250 mg/kg H2S (0-250 ppm H2S) in the liquid phase
- Fast measurement time of 15 minutes compared to 3 hours with IP 399
- A non chemical method, no wet chemistry involved
- Small lab bench footprint, fully portable operation
- Ideal for monitoring residual fuel blends, cargoes & products in the distribution system
- Critical Measurement method for Product Safety and Release
An advanced instrument for the rapid measurement of H2S in liquid petroleum products, including residual marine fuels and refinery feedstock components.
The H2S Analyser was developed with Lloyd’s Register’s ‘Fuel Oil and Bunker Analysis Service’ (FOBAS) along with support of other major international oil companies to provide users with a simple to use instrument. H2S is efficiently purged from the test sample by a combination of heat and agitation, and is measured by a H2S technological advanced specific detector. The instrument offers a cost effective solution for H2S measurement – no costly chemicals are required and there is no need for analytical preparation by an expert chemist. The instrument also has the capability with advice from SetaAnalytics to measure certain crude oil and other distillate products.
The H2S Analyzer is an excellent tool for supporting product Quality Control and safety ensuring product is within approved specification. It is also ideal for both product remediation treatment of feedstock components and off-spec products with fast repeat sample measurement capability.
August 2011 Update on Enhanced capability for IP570 and ASTM D7621